一無掛慮 Do not be anxious about anything.

09:35:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Sunday's sermon was about not worrying. I am a worrier. I like to think about all the possible contingencies and prevent them. This is a little counter to my impulsiveness. Nevertheless. Jesus tells us not to worry. Three times in these short verses.

I used to think that these verses was about God providing for the things of nature and they don't need to work or worry about it. But yesterday I was remineded that each of us should do our best and leave the rest for God. No, the birds don't have to store, but they have to spend each day looking for food (doing their part) , no, the flowers of the field don't have to worry about what to wear but they ahve to make sure they are firmly rooted in the ground (doing their part) .

So although we don't have to worry, we should still do our own parts!





Matthew 6

  25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
   28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.




Chinese- English TRANSLATION by kikoprincess
一無掛慮


應當一無掛慮,拋開心頭的擔
Don't worry about anything, set aside the burdens of your heart
凡事藉著禱告,盡訴心意,神在聽應當一無掛慮
But in everything, through prayer, pour out your heart, for God is listening, so don't be worried.
主的恩慈不變,危難亦在看顧,長路伴我走過
God's mercy is unchanging, he will look after your distress and walk with you through this long journey.



應當一無掛慮,心中懇求之際,
Don't worry about anything, the pleas of your heart
神在默默應允,為我指引,前路裡應一無掛慮,
God is quietly fulfilling his promises, showing you the way forward, so do not worry. 
即使所求不見,仍未絕望沮喪,前路定有旨意
Even if you don't see the requests yet, don't be despaired or frustrated, his will is ahead.


副歌:上帝的祝福恩待,縱是疑難仍必越過,
God's blessings and grace, can get you through problems
仰望神今天不再驚怕;面對前途迷離不定,

Putting your hope in God, you will have no fears today, even when your future is uncertain
仰賴祈求信心渡過,靠著神每日面對挑戰。

Relying on prayer to help you get through, and facing each day's challenges by relying on God. 

You Might Also Like