God CAN and WILL

21:46:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments


Today's sermon talked about the faith of the man with leprosy and the centurion from Matthew 8. What struck me from today's message was that both these men believed in the authority of Jesus. Both believed that he had the power to heal if he was willing. 


How many times do we put constraints on what we think our God can do? And when he can accomplish things? 


When we see someone suffering from a Cold, we ask that God heals them. When we see someone with broken bones we ask for speedy recovery. when we see someone with terminal illness? Or at the last stages of life, we ask God will give them peace as they go. Are we putting constraints on God's timing? Of course we must all go at some stage or another but are we limiting our prayers because of our limited faith?


The man with leprosy could have ask for Jesus to ease his suffering, and the centurion could have asked Jesus to peacefully let his servant go without pain. BUT both had faith that God could do far more than that!


Not only CAN do anything, he WILL accomplish great things in our lives. 


Are we only praying small prayers? Can we be brave and have greater faith in the things God can accomplish in our lives?




_________________________

Please continue to show your support for Compassion Australia. Together, we have raised over $300 for my upcoming 10k run!


________________________________



Matthew 8:1-13

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Heals a Man With Leprosy

When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy[a] came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”
Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”

The Faith of the Centurion

When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”
Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”
The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

You Might Also Like