500 days of summer

20:21:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

I was listening to 500 days of summer OST on spotify and the opening track really got to me. Not every boy meets girl story is a love story. And after x seasons of How I met Your Mother, I've also come to realise that not every love story ends in happily ever after. So what makes the difference between any girl-boy story and THE girl-boy story?

Most love stories has it's ups and downs, it's thrilling moments and it's sad moments, it's silent moments and it's moments of great joy. Common to all love stories is the human emotion. i am so blessed to be involved in the wedding preparations of one of my best friends. I've been blessed to have known the couple for the last 7+ years, almost as long as they have been officially a couple. I've seen them laugh, I've seen them cry, I've seen them yell, I've seen them sacrifice for each other. And now is the time in their love story where two become one.

Essentially, it's not found in the sweet moments, but in how the couple stand together in times of trial. It's not in selfishness, but in acceptance. It's not in quick heated arguments but in patience. It's not being resentful but it forgives.

In fact, it's all summarized well in this:

1 Corinthians 13

New International Version (NIV)
13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

You Might Also Like