my last pair of shoes

18:34:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Have you ever seen Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium?

If you haven't seen it, you really should. It's about this magical man who has lived for a very long time and has a magical toy shop, and now it's time for him to leave the world. There is a particular line in the story that resonates with me, and has done so for a very long time,.... "I fell so completely in love with these shoes, I bought enough pairs to last my whole lifetime. This is my last pair."
 And so everytime I say goodbye to a pair of shoes I love, this line resurfaces in my memory. I bid these shoes farewell because they have served me well, they have been with me through the thick and thin, my abuse, and hardship. And it's so very very hard to find a pair of replacement shoes for a pair you have grown to love. So Mr Magorium wisely bought enough pairs to last his whole lifetime. And he smiles about the experiences he has gone through, satisfied.

Paul speaks about something similar in 2 Timothy 4:7. "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith". At the end of our lifetime, when all our shoes are worn out, can we smile and end our life with a full stop, period, without any regrets? Have we put our best into everything? Have our shoes taken us as far as we can go?

You Might Also Like