another epic ending

22:09:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Over the past 12 months, there has been too many news reports of fallen planes, tragedies during holidays and the like. When you watch these reports you fail to realise the how real these events can be.

This trip has had many stories I want to share, but I will start at the end. On the last day of the trip, Easter Sunday, we went to a Japanese version of Hillsong church. Took us 3 transfers of subway lines and walking in the rain. Christ is alive indeed, and His name is for salvation no matter what language.

After church we wandered around the city a bit more and made our way back to the hotel. On the way, I did a bit of shopping, and mum wanted a snack so we bought KFC. I thought we had plenty of time to get to the airport. And probably have dinner at the airport, do a bit of duty free shopping. BOY WAS I WRONG.

We got to the JR station at 5.15pm. The flight departs at 8.30pm, ideally, I would have liked to be at the airport 2 hours before an international flight, so 6.30pm. By the time we arrived at Tokyo station it was 6.00pm. We ran down to the airport express for the 6.03 train. We waited at the platform, and 6.03, the train rolls passed. we were waiting in the wrong spot in the long platform. So the next train was going to depart at 6.33pm. By that stage, my heart was pounding incredibly hard. It would take 55mins by train to reach the terminal, let alone the check in counter. When the train arrived in the platform, I ran with my luggage. I couldn't break, my legs were just carrying me at an extreme speed, mum tried to keep up by fell over badly. Up 4 flights of stairs later, I arrived at the checkin counter which were all closed. My heart was pounding so fast, my lips were starting to go numb, and I felt like puking. 7.40pm. Counters closed. I was about to cry, I begged and begged the service people to let us on the plane. I couldn't' breath, pretty sure I had a minor heart attack. Amazing. Praise God. They let us off on a warning. And even allowed us to check in luggage. Unfortunately, boarding was 8pm, so we ran and ran to immigration- huge line- and rushed all the way to the boarding lounge. Made it.

EPIC.

Through all this mum and I were praying. Praying for a miracle. So many things went wrong, but so many more things could have gone wrong. I used to think we couldn't ask Jesus to help us in these little trivial things- he's a big God who conquered death. But he cares enough for these little things too.


You Might Also Like