Another sleepless night?

09:05:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

So many of my friends struggle with sleep- they may struggle with initial insomnia (the inability to fall asleep), middle insomnia (waking up in the middle of the night), etc. I know that my insomnia occurs when I have to wake up at an insane time of night or if I'm really stressed or worried about something.

And yes, many of my clients also struggle with sleep. And quality sleep is very important to your everyday functioning.

I often refer to this tip sheet for clients
http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/docs/Info-sleep%20hygiene.pdf
1. Get regular
2. Sleep when sleepy.
3. get up and try again
4. Avoid caffeine and nicotine
5. Avoid alcohol
6. Bed is for sleeping
7. No naps
8. Sleep rituals
9. Bathtime
10. No clock-watching
11. Use a sleep diary
12. Exercise
13. Eat right
14. The right space
15. Keep daytime routine

People often report that some of these strategies help them. Of the strategies I've found that doing exercise helps me sleep. I know that setting multiple alarms will stop me waking up earlier than needed to check if i've overslept. But there is no better way to stop worrying about or ruminating about things late at night than to pray about them.

I wonder what will work for you?

1 Peter 5:7. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

You Might Also Like