praise you in this storm II

11:40:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

It's easy to praise God when the storm is over and we can see the rainbow. But can we praise God in the storm? Not only is my state in another storm, floods destroyed homes, lives are lost, but can we praise God during the storm?


I'm struggling so hard to praise God in the storm. In the darkness and the storm, I'm crying out to God. Why do people continue to oppress us? Why do people keep oppressing the widows and orphans? How can people who call themselves Christians cause chaos in my life?

It's a tough lesson. There is a break from the storms today, but the dreaded painters are back. Mum asks me to forgive these people. To love these people. But I'm screaming. I'm hurting inside.

Can you praise God during the storm? Lesson to be continued...



Klove's free song this week is Praise you in this storm.  http://www.klove.com/music/store.aspx
Tabs: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/c/casting_crowns/praise_you_in_this_storm_crd.htm


Artist: Casting Crowns
Song: Praise You In This Storm
Tabbed By: Jeff Ruhnow [guitartabs@goldswimer.com]


Standard Tuning, Capo 1

Chords

   Bb   Bb5/A  C5   D5  Gm

e--8----1------3----5---3--|
B--8----1------3----5---3--|
G--7----3------5----7---3--|
D--6----3------5----7---5--|
A--6----1------3----5---5--|
E--8----1------3----5---3--|
 

  D2->Dm     Bdim5->B     F          Cadd5

e-0-0h1-1----0-0h1-1----1--1--1----3--3--3-|
B-3-3---3----1-1---1----1--1--1----1--1--1-|
G-2-2---2----2-2---2----2--2--2----0--0--0-|
D-0-0---0----2-2---2----3--3--3----2--2--2-|
A-----------------------3--3--3------------|
E-----------------------1--1--1------------|



Dm               Bb                             F
   I was sure by now God you would have reached down

               C5                         Dm
 and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day.

         Bb              F                 C5
But once again, I say amen that it's still raining

Gm                        Bb5                                  F         C5
  as the thunder rolls, I barely hear your whisper through the rain, I'm with you

    Gm                    Bb5                                   F               C5    
and as your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.


Chorus:

D5                              Bb                        F
    And i'll praise you in this storm, and i will lift my hands

                     C5                     D5
that you are who you are, no matter where I am

                    Bb                     F
and every tear I've cried you hold in your hand

                  C5                          Gm        Bb
you never left my side and though my heart is torn

                          F
I will praise you in this storm

Dm           B5                     F
  I remember when I stumbled in the wind

             C5                   Dm
you heard my cry you raised me up again

                      B5                   F
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on

           C5
if I can't find you


Gm                        Bb5                                  F         C5
  as the thunder rolls, I barely hear your whisper through the rain, I'm with you

    Gm                    Bb5                                   F               C5    
and as your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.


[Chorus]

Bridge:

D5                               Bb
   I lift my eyes unto the hills,  where does my help come from?

F                             C5
  My help comes from the Lord,   the maker of heaven and earth

D5                               Bb
   I lift my eyes unto the hills,  where does my help come from?

F                             C5                            D5  Bb   F   C5
  My help comes from the Lord,   the maker of heaven and earth


[Chorus]

                       Gm        Bb
and though my heart is torn

                          F         C5
I will praise you in this storm

D5  Bb   F   C5 (Repeat)
End on D5

You Might Also Like