Follow you into the World

08:50:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

I was blessed with many opportunities while I was in America. I got to meet a lot of people on the streets and at events. They were the poor and the needy. It was scary. Who talks to crazy people who smell bad and can mug you at any moment?

When I was on a bus full of marijuana users was I afraid? When I was caught out late at night talking to a lady with no teeth? When I shook the hands of a man with only half a hand? Of course the little me was afraid. But once you got to know these people, you will realise they are people too.

As I am preparing for my next placement in another disadvantaged community, I am a little worried. Racial violence in this area made the national headlines last week. Banks refuse to insure properties in this area due to the high rates of criminal activity.



But even some great men in the bible were afraid. But they still obeyed when God told them to follow. God told us to
"... go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28: 19-20

Those that have only known me for a short time would be surprised to know that I used to be shy and introverted. Don't be afraid, for when you follow his lead, he will give you the necessary courage, strength and skill.  When you step out and follow- he will will will lead you.

Follow you: Leeland


Guitar tabs http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/l/leeland/follow_you_ver2_crd.htm

Intro:
Play the following D chord pattern:
e|-2-0-2-------2---0-2-----------------------------------| \              
B|-3-3-3-------3---3-3-----------------------------------|  \            
G|-2-2-2-------2---2-2-----------------------------------|   \          
D|-0-0-0-------0---0-0-----------------------------------|    \      
A|-x-x-x-------x---x-x-----------------------------------|     \
E|-x-x-x-------x---x-x-----------------------------------|      \    
                                                                 \  
Guitar 2 (optional piano melody):                                2x
                                                                 /
e|-------------0-----------------------0-------3---2-----|      /
B|-----3---------------2-------3-------------------------|     /
G|-------------------------------------------------------|    /    
D|-------------------------------------------------------|   /  
A|-------------------------------------------------------|  /  
E|-------------------------------------------------------| /    

Verse 1:
    D
You live among the least of these
    Asus4
The weary and the weak
    Bm7                       G
And it would be a tragedy for me to turn away
D
All my needs you have supplied.
     Asus4          A
When I was dead you gave me life
Bm7                             G
How could I not give it away so freely?

Chorus:
Asus4    D
And I'll follow you into the homes of the broken
Asus4               A
Follow you into the world.
Em                     Bm           G
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God
D
Follow you into the World

Verse 2:
D
Use my hands, use my feet
   Asus4
To make your kingdom come
Bm7
To the corners of the earth
G
Until your work is done
       D
'Cause Faith without works is dead
    Asus4
And on the cross your blood was shed
   Bm7                              G
So how could we not give it away so freely?

(Chorus x2)

Bridge:
  G           D/F#
I give all myself
  G           D/F#
I give all myself
  G           D/F#      Asus4   A
I give all myself... to you.

      G           D/F#
And I give all myself
       G          D/F#
Yes, I give all myself
      G           D/F#      Asus4   A
And I give all myself... to you.

(Chorus x2)

You Might Also Like