Movie review: My neighbour totoro (1988)

22:58:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Movie summary: A family moves into an old house to be closer to the hospital. The two daughters meet many mystical creatures while their father is busy with his academic work and mother is recovering in hospital.

My thoughts: My neighbour totoro is a classic. Over the past few weeks, I have been revisiting my past. It was one of those films I watched when I was young, then watched when I was a teenager. And now, as an adult, it still gives me new insights. Such is the depth that a cartoon can convey. It's timeless.



But the VHS I once had the movie on is useless. The VHS player no longer works, and has been throw out alongside all the things I've collected over the years. It's great to store things up in your memories. It's good to remember the many blessings God has given in your life It's good to remember the friends you used to know and the things you used to love. But, if an old house hasn't been cleaned in a while, there are things that get collected that may cause you a headache. In my case, it wasn't magical creatures, but dead insects and much allergy-causing dust.

So with some sadness, I said goodbye to the objects I once held dear, but no longer treasure. I said a silent goodbye, took a photo for memories- and I will revisit these fond memories in due time. Just as I will watch My Neighbour Totoro again when I become older and wiser.


I can't wait till this nightmare is over, but I'm glad I've had my mum around. 


You Might Also Like