Not about the weight

10:27:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

A year ago today, I was 5kg heavier, sad, stuck. It was never about the weight. When it was about the weight, I found I was actually gaining more weight when I stressed about it.

The shift in focus this year was to do with doing more of the stuff that matters to me. Spending time with friends, doing exercise that I enjoyed, doing work that I love, serving God joyfully, eating the foods that I wanted with enjoyment, mindfully.

And as I begun to do more of the stuff that mattered to me, the more I was living in accordance with the ways I teach my clients, the easier it became. And, a side effect was that I did indeed lose weight. I am finally back to pre-phd weight, and with an extra kilo weight loss, I would be at a weight my GP would be happy with.

This wisdom doesn't come from the ACT framework alone; valued actions. You know, the bible had it in black and white long again. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things will be given as well.

You Might Also Like