#11- improve cooking skills

20:13:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

I know, I know, I haven't made the goal very specific. So really, I could have learned one skill and ticked it off my list. It's amazing how God provides me with opportunities to refine my skills. A bit unexpected at the time I set the goal, but I moved out of home and had to cook for myself. And because of a colleague at work, I found myself trying new recipes. 

Over the past few months, I have learned how to cook with foods I have never even heard of with techniques I've only seen on masterchef. I am far, far, far away from being a masterchef, but I guess the spirit of the goal was to in someway prove that I was self sufficient. And I surprised myself.

What I have found out is that cooking is an incredibly tedious task. I'm not quite sure how my mother has done it for so many years. I slave over the stove for half a day and end up with a bunch of meals for the week. And by the end of the week, I definitely have to cook again. This is not including the time where I have to visit the shops, and visit the shops again because I forgot to buy the key ingredients.

Over the last couple of days, I find myself worrying not about whether I am eating or drinking, or whether I have enough clothes, or whether I would feel safe. I find my thoughts drifting to Mr MK and his family's tough situation- whether they are warm, well fed, or safe. But from the other side of the world, there is very little I can do. I am 100% reliant on my heavenly father to provide them with their needs during this time...


“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Matthew 6:25-30

You Might Also Like