Friends are gifts from God

07:28:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Being able to share your joys, fears, feelings and thoughts is something we often take for granted. At least in my line of work, people trust me enough to disclose to me things they have never disclosed to anyone else. I am  incredibly blessed to be a keeper of such secrets. I am incredibly blessed to be able to comfort those in distress, share joys with those recovering and simple to be present when others feel lonely. 
At the end of the day though, I often find that I cannot trust others enough to share my thoughts, feelings and desires. I often only share with others once the ordeal is over. When I am already coping and on the path to recovery. Why is that? Is it because I think others will judge that I am not competent enough? That I am weak? Or is it because I haven't been able to find someone I can really confide in, the same way as other people confide in me? 
Friends are truly a gift from God. If I am able to find a friend, someone to share my life's journey with, it would be a spectacular blessing. If I can find someone I can be around and let down my guard, that would be a fantastic joy. I too long for that type of connection. But you know what? We always try to look for things in humans that can only be achieved when we look through God. 
He is my only comforter who is ever present in joy, fear and peace. He is the only one who I can talk to about anything and everything. He has searched my heart, despite all my weaknesses, insecurities, flaws and loves me just the same. He is only a prayer away. And we can spend eternity with him.
But in the meantime, our brothers and sisters are here for support. We can lean on them somewhat to get through tougher times and share our joys and achievements with. I pray that everyone can find the eternal friend that I have found in God, ... someone I can count on to straighten me out, and pick me up and tells me not to give in. 



17 But, brothers and sisters, when we were orphaned by being separated from you for a short time (in person, not in thought), out of our intense longing we made every effort to see you. 18 For we wanted to come to you—certainly I, Paul, did, again and again—but Satan blocked our way. 19 For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? 20 Indeed, you are our glory and joy.

1 Thessalonians 2:17-20


So until next time, even if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can move mountains :)

You Might Also Like