If love was food?

20:36:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

In anticipation of valentines day a friend and I were discussing love. Metaphorically, if I had the choice, how would love be like- if it was a method of cooking. My friend described the type of love he was after, slow cooked. You know the type of love that grows with time, where the love gets richer and deeper. The type of slow cooked-ness that you can imagine with a tender fall-off-the-bones goodness that leaves you wanting more with each mouthful. 

My friend guessed that the love I might be after would be akin to a fast burning hot stir-fry that is so intense that it would burn, leave me in tears, but still stubbornly, I would reach for another mouthful. on reflection, I think my relationships whether with friends or lovers would be akin to this later metaphor. Would it be the type of love I would desire though? 

Can't I have both? You know? The type of love that would be like quickly pan frying a lamb cutlet to seal in the juices then popping the lamb cutlet into the oven to slowly bake. Can't the love be intense, passionate, yet deepen with time? 

You know what though, in line with all these analogies with love is fire. Relationships require preparation, relationships require work, and relationships need to endure difficult times- they can take the heat. 


Most people, myself included go into relationships hoping that they would be satisfied in a relationship. That they will become full. That somehow the other person would fill the void in their lives. Sometimes, like a good meal, it feels like it. But then most of us will grow hungry again. Always searching for me. 

What if the other person can never completely fill us? What if the other person wasn't the answer? There is an answer to the hunger. It's Jesus. It's just such a blessing to meet someone who can eat the bread of life with.

John 6:35
"Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY- 
No matter where you are and what type of love you desire. 

You Might Also Like