The one and only

21:29:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

It's nearly 2 months since I moved into my new place. And one of the things I've been trying to find is a "home" church. I think I've found it. And one of the things I love about this new church is the opportunities to learn about God. After the church service there is adult sunday school. Today in sunday school we were wrapping up the first five books of the old testament. I have learned so much over the last few weeks.

As written in history- God created people, and again and again they failed. But again and again, God chose to forgive the human race and love them. He would punish them for their sins, but then take them back. And the message that struck me today was that God wants us to love him wholeheartedly, with our everything. The first commandment is to have no other Gods before God. As our teacher today explained, let's start by having nothing, no one, no idol, before God. To love him above all else.

Wow. That's so simple to understand, yet so hard to achieve. For the longest time, I've been telling people I want to find a man that is after God's own heart, that loves God more than he loves me. My friends think it's a bizarre thing to request. If a man truly loves God though, he will love me- he will know what true love is like. There are parallels in the bible between Jesus' relationship with the church to our relationship with a significant other. In Jesus' love for the church there is sacrifice, there is patience, there is teaching, there is forgiveness, there is leadership, there is trust, there is passion, there is history, and there is eternity.


... and God asks us to love him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. In other words, to love him above all else, be our one and only.

You Might Also Like