kicking and screaming- klove free song

20:56:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments



This week's free song from Klove is kicking and screaming. 

http://www.klove.com/music/artists/third-day/songs/kicking-and-screaming-lyrics.aspx


I have to admit that it's the first time I've heard this song and I had read the lyrics before I had heard it. If it wasn't on a christian radio station, you can mistake it for any old love song. 

I have been hit with wave after wave of bad news recently. My favourite couples breaking up, people who have strong relationships with God falling, fall outs with best friends. I wonder what inspired the band to write the song "kicking and screaming". What is the meaning behind it? 

I've recently seen a wedding sand ceremony. During a wedding ceremony, the husband and wife pour into a new jar two different jars of sand. Together they become one, and it is impossible to separate. In the same way, when we choose to follow Jesus, let us cling onto him for better or worse, richer for poorer, sickness and health... and if anything tries to keep me away from God? well, they better drag me away kicking and screaming :P



Matthew 19

New International Version (NIV)
So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”




Kicking and screaming


What if I told you that I love you
What if I showed you just how much
I would do anything to hold you
Give everything to prove my love

(Chorus)
Yeah, no one can keep me from your side
Yeah, but if they ever even try
They'd have to drag me away kicking and screaming
They'd have to drag me away kicking and screaming

And if you said you didn't want me
Kept me away, you said we were through
You don't know just how ready and willing
To do everything that I can to convince you

Chorus

I'd go anywhere
As long as you are there
You know I'd do anything
As long as you're with me
I would fight for you
If you want me to
I will not lie to you
Give my life for you

They'd have to drag me away kicking and screaming
They'd have to drag me away kicking and screaming

You Might Also Like