Applying for a new future. Movie review: Hop (2011)

12:03:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Movie review: Hop (2011)

Movie summary: Hop is a story of successorship. All he wanted to do was become a drummer but he was the next in line to become the Easter rabbit. So he escapes his magical world and ends up under the care of a young man looking for a future. Both the rabbit and the man find their future paths while a menacing chick tries to take over the magical kingdom.

My thoughts: Hop is a cute animation that families can enjoy together. Not the best movie I have seen but the fact that the villan is a chubby little chicken is worth a laugh in itself. Although the characters are make-believe, there are elements that I can clearly relate to in my own life.

When I was at the end of high school I was struggling with a decision. What did I want to be. What did I want to do? Where did I want to go? I made a lot of decisions which seemed right to me at the time. I made a bunch of applications. I put myself out there. I worked up to 3 jobs at any time. I was building a future for myself.  I was drive by a big capital I. Even if I prayed about my future, I was praying that God would give me success in my applications- to get what I want.

Now, some 10 years after graduating from high school, I again am thinking about my future. This time with a PhD under my belt and a lot older. I believe that I am a lot wiser than I was 10 years ago. And this time, as I am making decisions about what I am going to do, where I should go/stay, who I am going to be, I am different. It's no longer, if God is willing, let me do this or that, but a simple- Show me the way and I will go. And this change of heart is not because I am without options or freedom, but simply because God has shown me that surrendering my life to him is the wisest decision.


Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

耶 利 米 書 29:11

Chinese Union Version (Traditional) (CUV)
11 耶 和 華 說 : 我 知 道 我 向 你 們 所 懷 的 意 念 是 賜 平 安 的 意 念 , 不 是 降 災 禍 的 意 念 , 要 叫 你 們 末 後 有 指 望 。


You Might Also Like