Movie Review: Passion of Christ (2004)

21:35:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Movie review:

Movie Summary: The film depicts the last 12 hours of the life of Jesus of Nazareth. How he was captured, how he was tortured, how he died and how he resurrected from the dead.

My thoughts: Well because I'm lazy, I wish it was in English and I wish the resurrection was a bigger deal. But other than that, I think it's still a must watch for every christian.

10/10

Even now, years after first watching the film, snip its of the film still float by in my mind. When I think of the suffering of Christ during communion, my mind automatically goes to the scenes where Jesus was whipped.




Easter is partly about the suffering of Christ. And partly about celebrating his resurrection. On good Friday last year, our youth fellowship had a special service. We dimmed the lights and watched scenes of Jesus suffering while meditating on the fact that he did this for us. We lit a candle in the room and it was just a really moving experience. But what is so good about good Friday? For goodness sake, Jesus DIED. How can anyone dying be good? Well, when Jesus died, he took with him all the sins that you and I have. And that paid the price for our sins, in resurrecting, Jesus has given us a hope of eternal life.

Easter is a fantastic time to invite people to church! Go on, what are you waiting for?

You Might Also Like