Fork in the road

16:49:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments


Early in the morning during the Easter period, I was lead by the spirit to take an early morning run on a path I don't usually take. I stopped and had a chat to someone I normally just pass by. And even though this person chose not to come to church to me, we had a meaningful spiritual conversation. I believe this one little decision, will somehow impact the stranger's life later on down the track.

If you have ever seen/heard of the butterfly effect you will know what I mean. Every little move we make may have huge implications for our future. That's why there is a huge pressure on university graduates to choose the right job, high school graduates to choose the right university, primary school parents to choose the right school, etc.




Over the last couple of weeks I have been faced with many forks in the road. Thanks be to God that despite recent problems, I have had several future job opportunities to explore. But at the same time, these opportunities have been a source of my confusion.  I've been offered my "dream" clinical position, "dream" financial remuneration, "dream" academic position, but unfortunately these are entirely separate positions. Which path should I take? Which type of job? What type of work place? Even what country? Should I keep looking? Then I consider what the advantages and disadvantages are of each position.
And what it means for me in the long term in terms of career advancement, family, and church commitments.

Despite so much confusion, I am not worried. I have a strange type of peace about the whole situation. I still don't know which position to take up and where God will lead me, but if this one decision is going to change my future forever, I'd want to be lead by the spirit instead of my own impulsivity or limited wisdom.


Romans 8:14

New International Version (NIV)
14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.


羅 馬 書 8:14

Chinese Union Version (Traditional) (CUV)
14 因 為 凡 被 神 的 靈 引 導 的 , 都 是 神 的 兒 子 。



You Might Also Like