Easter eggs- Amazing grace

10:34:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Sunday school teaching resources


adapted from http://www.annieshomepage.com/eastereggs.html
Preparation 
First egg: Nail
Second egg: Cross
Third egg: Stone
Fourth egg: Empty
Cheezels, pens/straws

Sit the children in a circle and pass around the eggs in turn. You can ask the children to guess what is inside.
1- We are sinners. These sins are painful to God.
2- Jesus christ willingly took the pain of beating and the humiliation/pain on the cross so that we can be free from sin and be made right with God.
3- He died. He was buried. And the people who did it was afraid Jesus' followers would try to fake his resurrection so they put a big stone over cut out grave.
4- On the third day, the tomb was empty. Not only this, but Jesus appeared to his disciples and others before he went back to heaven, promising that he would come back in the same way.

Bring out the message that Christ died for OUR sins and that we have a CHOICE to follow him. And that JESUS conquered death. Yell together, Christ is risen!
Some of the songs we sang:
Jesus' love is sweet and wonderful
I want to follow Jesus
I know the king personally
Alive, alive alive forever more
Jesus is my superhero

Cheezels game.
Explain why Easter Eggs, why Bunnies. Easter eggs- new life. Bunnies- quickly spread the gospel.
Divide the children into teams, give each team member a pen/straw. Line up in a straight line with two tables at each end of the room. Place enough cheezels at the table on the opposite side of the room.
The object of the game is to transport the cheezles from one table to the other without using any hands- and passing it between team members using the pens/straws. Becomes a competition.
If you have enough room, the children can run with the cheezels on their pen from one table to their team before passing it on.
Aim: To let the kids know that it's about team work when spreading the gospel.










Amazing grace my Chains are gone



Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

[2x]
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine

You Might Also Like