Happy Easter!

21:43:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

I had an absolutely epic long weekend. Even though I was so busy and it was so tiring, I don't feel exhausted.

Friday night: English Youth Service at Church. We watched snipits from Passion of Christ and as always my tears flowed and flowed and flowed. Jesus willingly bore our sins on the cross. He was whipped, yelled and spit at, he endured all this for our sake. We then held two nails as we reflected on everything God has done for us. And the sins that we have committed.

You are my king- Amazing love

I'm forgiven because You were forsaken
I'm accepted, You were condemned
I'm alive and well, Your Spirit is within me
Because You died and rose again

Amazing love, how can it be
That You, my King, should die for me?
Amazing love, I know it's true
It's my joy to honor You
In all I do, to honor You

You are my King
Jesus, You are my King


Friday night/Saturday morning: My friends and I met up for a sleepover. We caught up with each other's lives until the wee hours of the morning. We woke up at 4am and drove interstate. Epic drive to watch the sunrise in another state.
There is a special feeling in this tradition of ours. This gift of friendship is so unique. We are all so different, from different walks of life, yet we are friends. We have learned to understand and accept the strengths and weaknesses of each other and have grown up as a group and as individuals throughout the years.

 I love sunrises, but the crisp air just before the sunrise is always so cold. It's not so cold though, when you have friends to share in warmth.


 We spent the day on the beach, shopping, eating and visiting the local sights. It's definitely the company we keep that made it spectacular. As always, our conversation narrowed on religion. So always be prepare to explain what you believe in!


Saturday night: Went to pick up a few people to join in Chinese youth's Easter hot cross buns bake off. I was encouraged by the large attendance at this event. Jieni was able to explain the meaning of hot cross buns, I was able to share my grandpa's testimony and songs to highlight the gospel. How blessed we are to be called children of God!
I will share my testimony in a separate entry.
Sunday morning: As per tradition, our church congregation met at the beach to watch the sunrise and to sing praises to him who conquered death.
The weather was so good this year and the turn out was also encouraging.

Had breakfast together and caught up with the girls for a coffee date before Sunday school.

You are given so much strength when you are doing things for his glory. I was given the opportunity to lead Sunday school worship. What a blessed morning. Having the kids shout out "He is risen" over and over throughout the session was sensational. We had a little egg sharing in the worship session too, and I will share this in a separate entry.

Then I taught sunday school and we went through the last few days of Jesus' life. And went through his Resurrection. Activities will be listed in a separate entry.

Finally, exhausted, I slept and slept when I got home. Thank you God for the strength this weekend, lasting on barely any sleep yet I felt so energized.


 Monday: So today I woke up refreshed and had a walk with mum. When I came home, as I was getting ready for the day, I fell down a flight of stairs. I screamed in shock and only felt minor pain. After a few hours, I found it difficult to move my legs, when I moved, extremely sharp pain followed. I think I must have tensed my muscles when I fell. It will take a while to recover. But I am glad that I am ok, and that this happened after such a blessed weekend.

Another epic week ahead. Tuesday: Tennis with little youth group after work, Wednesday core bible study after work, Thursday: training session after work, Friday: lab meeting/ presentation and church prayer session after work, Saturday: taking sunday school to wet n wild and chinese youth friendship seminar at night, Sunday: leadership training after church. And I have to fit in marathon training, bible study preparation, swimming training... when life is so busy and hectic, we can only rely on the strength of the one who has given us eternal hope!

You Might Also Like