Movie Review: Social network (2010)

09:07:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Movie Review: Social Network (2010)

Movie Summary: Mark is a genius with a lack of social skills. He wants the whole package, success, the girl, friends and the life. His girlfriend dumps him leaving him drunk and angry where he blogs about her and writes the code for a website that compares the looks of college undergraduates. This becomes an overnight sensation before he gets caught for hacking into different college sites. He is then approached by two brothers who want him to help with me the creation of a social network for Harvard only students. He agrees but then starts to create the Facebook with the financial support of his best friend. He then gets tangled in a lawsuit regarding intellectual property and has a fall out with his best friend when he unintentionally starts to exclude him in business decisions and company ownership.

My thoughts: The movie was interesting, the constant non-linear retell of aspects of the story and jargon kept my mind active. If you are interested in a dramatized version of how Facebook started, this is an interesting watch indeed. I guessed I hoped Mark would find a girl at the end of the story, but it was never made to be love story and it's meant to be about how it all started- a breakup. I think friends are so important. For me, I can't see that I would ever intentionally step on any friends in order to achieve success. It's easy to be misled by others to go on a path that is not true to your own.

I read in the bible today in John 15 that Jesus calls us his Friends. He has chosen us, requested to be our friend. We just have to accept this invitation. He can be your close friend and have access to all your posts, events, photos or he can be an acquaintance and only see your profile pic. When you choose to have a deeper relationship with Jesus, not only do you give him access to more of you, but you also get more access to who HE is!


John 15

New International Version (NIV)

The Vine and the Branches

15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit,while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit —fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

You Might Also Like