I remember... 911

02:19:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

I remember waking up the morning we heard about 911. Mum woke me up really early- she had been sitting in front of the tv since before dawn. She was crying. She could only point at the tv and ask if I knew what had transpired. Of course, not back in those days, I didn't follow twitter and wasn't media obsessed, I had no idea what happens in the news. 

I remember going to school and people were sitting around talking about it, thinking about it. We were on the other side of the world. We wanted to know more, we wanted to help, but we were too far away. All we could do was cry. And in the days, weeks and months that followed, Australia gave. 

And then people turned to each other in love and turned towards God for hope. 

I am in America during the 10th anniversary and so much has changed since then. I have become more aware of war, famine, earthquakes, tsunamis, there is devastation everywhere leaving people helpless and hopeless. But it will only get worse- for the end of times is slowly approaching. But we don't know when. So live everyday as if it's your last ~ tell people you love them, show people you care and preach the gospel to all nations.

Matthew 24:21-22

New International Version (NIV)
21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.
22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.



1 Thessalonians 5:3

New International Version (NIV)
While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.




In the next blogpost, I will be reviewing the film, left behind, a really old film but something that is close to my heart. 


You Might Also Like