Full stops

02:00:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments


Such is the nature of my work: An inappropriately placed full stop can cause a world of pain. From my crazy typist training in high school, I have learned how to touch type upwards of 80wpm, but accuracy has never been my strong point. My right hand often types faster than my left hand and as a result, I often have mistakes. But even before I finish the word, I know I have made the mistake and would be able to correct easily without looking at the screen. 

Words are much easier to work with than syntax. Syntax is much more delicate and much less forgiving than an essay or other composition on microsoft word. An incorrectly placed full stop can cause the output to throw a fit. I can spend hours trying to find my mistakes in my syntax and on one occasion, I found that I had put a fullstop in the middle of a syntax sentence. The line of code was screaming out to me ~ why did you want to end the code here, it's not appropriate! And so with a bit of frustration, I deleted the fullstop and the analyses ran perfectly. Without a glitch. 

I often like to reflect on life's little happenings and apply these lessons in other aspects of my life. My gut instinct is to put a fullstop in place. I like to analyse a situation and if I can see how it wouldn't work, I would stop. Of course this is after prayer, and my prayers always talk about closed doors. 

Sometimes fullstop aren't a big deal, other times they may influence you in the long term of the lives of others. 

God is so forgiving. He doesn't stop and give up on us when we disappoint him. He doesn't stop and give up on us when we take a wrong turn. He doesn't stop and give up on us when we wander further and further away from him. Instead, he waits until we realise that he's been calling out to us all along. God is the author of life, and to me, he seems to use more commas than fullstops. 

And so, let's not rush into putting fullstops whenever we are faced with challenges, let us insert a comma, pause and wait for God to show us the next phrase. 

Isaiah 30:18

New International Version (NIV)
 18 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
   therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the LORD is a God of justice.
   Blessed are all who wait for him!






Christmas song #16

You Might Also Like