Graduations

02:00:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

To me, academic achievement was always more important that social events. While others were dreaming of being prince and princesses, playing around with make up and dresses, I was reading, asking questions and dreaming of a day when I would be successful.

For me, graduations are a big deal. It is a celebration of achievement, a milestone. I am a veteran of the graduation ceremony, attending my own and celebrating with friends. Graduating with friends is such a blessing, you go through the hard times together and then you celebrate together.

And academic graduations usually mark the start of a career.  Many will have received job offers before graduation and have little worries. For others, graduations may mean an end to an academic career and an opening to the great abyss. When I am thinking about my future graduation, I am beginning to wonder what God has planned for me. At the moment, I can only see my future one step at a time- I know the next set of analyses that I need to run, the next paper I need to write, but I cannot see clearly where the Lord will lead me post graduation (if God willing that I do successfully graduate). This time, I can't easily take up another postgraduate degree, I will have to make a decision as to what I should do. Will God lead me into an academic research/ teaching career? Will he lead me into a more clinically oriented career? Will my work be in QLD, Australia, or will it be somewhere else? Or does God have something completely different in store for me? Although it's exciting to look forward to paid employment, a real job after more than 20 years of studying, it's also scary.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future Jeremiah 29:11

Congrats to all those who have graduated from high school, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees this year. May you continue to rely on God's word as a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path!


Christmas song #14

You Might Also Like