review: I am what I am

20:23:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Review: I am what I am

I think for the most part, I give myself excuses for the way I behave. I am rude, because that's just the way I am. I am messy, because that's just the way I am. But as I've grown up, I've found joy in simply telling the truth. I'm late- not because of x y z - I am sorry. I did this because I was careless. I ran out of time doing this because it took longer than expected. Owning up to one's mistakes.

Ah, I am so sorry for all the excuses I've used in the past. For the lies or semi-lies that I've told to get myself out of a difficult situation. It's a selfish and unloving way to act.

And because I have this heightened awareness of my past actions that I am extremely hurt when I am lied to. When I am hurt by other people's actions. I trust because I care. I trust because I believe in you. But if people that that innocent trust for granted, it hurts. Blow after blow, in spite of my recent stress, I have been hurt over and over again over the last couple of weeks.

It's hard but forgivable. After all, my heavenly father has forgiven the unforgivable me.


1 John 1:9

New International Version (NIV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


... but you know sometimes I wish people would stop hurting me and let me be. But then I am reminded that this is not my home.
______________________________________________________________________________
http://www.cleannclose.com/2012/07/i-am-what-i-am-by-grace-of-god.html

Original article:


I am what I am ... by the grace of God

What matters first of all if you are a Christian is not what you once were, but what you are

Does that sound ridiculous?
It is so perfectly obvious ... Yes, how obvious when I put it like this, but how difficult to see it sometimes when the devil attacks us.

The Apostle said that he was 'not worthy to be called an apostle because [he] persecuted the Church of God', but he goes on to add: 'But by the grace of God I am what I am.' What does it matter what I was? 'I am what I am.' Put your emphasis there. Do not be for ever thinking about what you were. The essence of the Christian position is that you should remind yourself of what you are. Certainly there is the past with all its sins. But say this to yourself:

Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven,
Who like [me] His praise should sing?

'I am what I am' — whatever the past may have been.
It is what I am that matters. What am I?
I am forgiven,
I am reconciled to God by the Blood of His Son upon the Cross.
I am a child of God.
I am adopted into God's family, and
I am an heir with Christ, a joint-heir with Him.
I am going to glory.

That is what matters, not what I was, nor what I have been. Do what the Apostle did, therefore, if the enemy is attacking you along this line. Turn to him and say: 'What you are saying is perfectly true. I was all you say. But what I am interested in is not what I was but what I am, and "I am what I am by the grace of God".'

Martyn Lloyd Jones
Spiritual Depression, p. 85-6


revisiting my favourite

guitar tabs


Building 429 - Where I Belong

Capo 4

Intro: Em   C   (x2)

Verse 1:

Em                                    C
Sometimes it feels like I'm watching from the outside 
Em                                    C
Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing but am I alive 
Em                                  C                                       D
I will keep searching for answers that aren't here to find 

Chorus:

G                 D
All I know is I'm not home yet 
Em                      C
This is not where I belong 
G                             D
Take this world and give me Jesus 
Em                      C
This is not where I belong

Instrumental: Em   C

Verse 2:
Em                        C
So the walls come falling down on me 
Em                                 C
And when I'm lost in the current of a raging sea 
Em                           C                        D
I have this blessed assurance holding me.

Chorus:

G                 D
All I know is I'm not home yet 
Em                      C
This is not where I belong 
G                             D
Take this world and give me Jesus 
Em                      C
This is not where I belong

Bridge:

               F        C                          G            D
When the earth shakes I wanna be found in you 
               F        C                       G            D
When the lights fade I wanna be found in you

Chorus:

G                 D
All I know is I'm not home yet 
Em                      C
This is not where I belong 
G                             D
Take this world and give me Jesus 
Em                      C
This is not where I belong

G                 D
All I know is I'm not home yet 
Em                      C
This is not where I belong 
G                             D
Take this world and give me Jesus 
Em                      C
This is not where I belong

Outro: 
G   D   Em   C
G   D   Em   C   G           

You Might Also Like