Waiting can be a blessing

09:40:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Impatience is one of my worst qualities. Sometimes I hate waiting in line. I look at my watch while waiting, waiting waiting. 
I had planned to spend a day by myself at disneyland- the happiest place on earth. But as it turns out, some distant cousins were also in LA for the weekend and I ended up visiting both california adventure park and disneyland with them. It was my cousins birthday too, so it was a little treat. We headed out quite late in the day because we couldn't find the entrance, so by the time we entered the park it was already about noon (it opens at 8am during the summer). There were people EVERYWHERE! 
Each ride took about 2 hours to line up for, so we only had time for a few rides. But it was such a blessing to be able to visit disneyland with this family. They impressed upon me a Godly love and family love like I have never seen. As we waited in line (in the summer heat, 100+ F), we sang christian songs, we played games together, took pictures, shared testimonies. We even bought some food and enjoyed a meal while waiting. 

I am greatly encouraged by this experience. There is a future that I cannot see, I don't know what is ahead. But we can enjoy the wait. Standing there idly would be boring. Instead, we can make the most of the wait!



James 5:7-8 
Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near.

You Might Also Like