A love everyone deserves

10:19:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

My thoughts about: A love everyone deserves

We are sold stories about happily ever after as children. Sometimes we can see examples of how love lasts. There are stories about people growing old together and still being in love but these are few and far between.

I made a short film of my grandma. She had a stroke several years ago and is half paralized can has lost most of her speech. In the film, I asked her whether she loved my grandfather. Her eyes filled with tears but she did not speak. She just looked intensely at the camera. I took this video with me to the hospital to visit my grandpa. As soon as he saw the video, he reached for the camera and started to speak to my grandma- how are you, have you eaten, are you well? Can you hear me? Can you hear me? Even on his death bed my grandpa was concerned about my grandmother. Despite the many years of turmoil my grandma had put my grandfather through, the years of verbal abuse and complaint, he loved his wife.

We all have someone who loves us. Believe it. When we were swore enemies of Jesus- while our actions hurled insults at him, he loved us. And even on the cross, he forgave those who had persecuted him, he died for us, while we were still sinners. And this love, it's guaranteed to last!

I'm back in training after a torturous hike on the weekend. Please continue to support me!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Original article
http://spirituallythinking.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/love-everyone-deserves.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/JRhZc+(....and+Spiritually+Speaking)


A Love Everyone Deserves


"It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80′s arrived at the hospital
 to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.
 The nurse took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before
someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not
busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam, it was well healed, so I talked
to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.
 While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor’s appointment this morning,
 as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home
to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for
a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer’s Disease. As we talked, I asked if she would
be upset if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not
 recognized him in five years now. I was surprised, and asked him, ‘And you still go every morning,
even though she doesn’t know who you are?’ He smiled as he patted my hand and said,
She doesn’t know me, but I still know who she is.’"

You Might Also Like