What are you waiting for? My baby brother got baptised today

20:47:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments


My brother, like me, was born into a Christian family. When he was still a baby, mum took us to church. And at that time, our church was just a simple gathering of Asian families in someone's home. And as we grew up, Sunday school was in that person's garage. The church grew and so did we.

My brother was born smart. To me, he never seemed to need to try hard at anything. I would try my best in music, practice for hours, he would come along and be able to master a piece of music without much effort. I would spend time planning a piece of artwork and he would create masterpieces without a second thought. I would spend hours and hours memorizing facts and doing calculations which were done with such ease for my little brother. I tried out for sporting teams, and trained hard, he wouldn't train at all and yet surpass me. Everything everything. He was naturally gifted in a number of areas.

This for him was as much of a blessing as a hindrance. Without always intending, he would be on the wrong side of teachers, Sunday school teachers and the general public. The smart ass. When we taught Sunday school, he would help out and be a nuisance to teachers because he seemed to know more than them, and was sharper than them. He wasn't well respected by his peers at church nor the aunties and uncles growing up. And I think he had difficulties with listening to people he thought wasn't as smart as himself.

And we had serious fights when we were growing up. This was partly my fault because I was truly annoying, but my brother was also very stubborn. I was always the favorite and he saw that this was unfair, he didn't yield.

We often asked my brother why he didn't want to get baptised here. And he would give me different reasons.



http://youtu.be/9Eqzt_4x52k

He was waiting to be changed overnight. He was waiting for an earth-shattering experience.  But then he realised that he had been changing very slowly into the man he is today. He saw others get baptised and realised that he didn't need to wait. He could be a good example unto others. As soon as you have commited your life to Christ, there is no reason for you to wait to become baptised. It's a natural response, as a testimony to others.


And as a sister, who has grown up with him, I can testify to the fact that my brother has changed, step by step. It doesn't happen overnight, but with faith, it will happen. We sit down and talk and laugh now, something that I could never expect us to be able to do. We have a really good relationship now, and that would not have been possible if this wasn't lead by the love of God. My brother, a genius is now such a humble man. He is willing to serve others and love others as himself. He is willing to go above the call of duty at work, school and in the general community. He cares for others and has a burden to help the weak. He leads bible studies with authority and prays with compassion. I am unbelievably proud of my baby brother. Even though he is soon to be Doctor Li, I will always consider him my Little Li.

Are you waiting for something? Are you waiting for some miracle to happen before you make the leap? Well, it did. Over 2000 years ago, before you even existed, a God loved you- all of you, so much that he took all your sins on the cross and made you right with God. He rose from the grave and ascended to heaven, a miracle. You don't have to wait till you get a terminal illness or experience some change in emotion to commit yourself to Christ. And live as a living sacrifice to repay him for your love. Let my life be a proof of your love.




Tabs
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/f/for_king_and_country/the_proof_of_your_love_crd.htm

THE PROOF OF YOUR LOVE  
(capo 3)

INTRO: Dm     Am     C     F     x2

VERSE 1
       Dm      Am                                                      
If I sing but don't have love 
   C                      F
I waste my breath with every song
  Dm        Am             C            F
I bring an empty voice, a hollow noise.  
      Dm            Am
If I speak with a silver tongue
   C                 F
Convince a crowd but don't have love 
   Dm       Am                C           F
I leave a bitter taste with every word I say
 
CHORUS
   Dm      Am           C                  G
So let my life be the proof, The proof of Your love
Dm      Am             C                   G
Let my love look like You and what You're made of
Dm             Am           C             G
How You lived, how You died Love is sacrifice
   Dm     Am            C                  G
So let my life be the proof, The proof of Your love

INSTRUMENTAL BREAK: Dm     Am     C     F     x2

VERSE 2
     Dm        Am
If I give to a needy soul 
    C                     F
But don't have love then who is poor?
   Dm               Am       C          F
It seems all the poverty is found in me

REPEAT CHORUS

BRIDGE
 F             C       Am            G
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-ooh; When it's all said and done
F              C       Am              G
Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-ooh; When we sing our final song
F                   G
Only love remains. Only love remains
 
INSTRUMENTAL BREAK 2: Dm     Am     C     G     x2

REPEAT CHORUS

ENDING: Dm     Am     C     F     x2

You Might Also Like