Praise you in the storm

09:17:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

I've had a pretty tough week, and it's only Wednesday. I was struggling with completing all the tasks set out for me over the last week. I was struggling to be Christ-like in my fatigued state. I was struggling to be humble- to suppress my pride. I was struggling with being kind and generous when my resources start to deplete. I was struggling with jealousy, with being easily irritated, immunosuppression issues. BUT, despite this, despite these trials, I will praise you in the storm Lord!

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:18

We need to give thanks in ALL circumstances not just when things are easy. Not just when there is smooth sailing. And so I will praise you Lord, in this storm, when I can see the future ahead of me clearly, when I am clearly at the end end of my tether, when I don't have enough time to love the ones I care about. 

And you know what? Today was a new day. When I am in the depths of despair and in my weakness, the Lord has once again provided. He has given me inspiration enough to last to the end of the week. Praise be to God! I was given three pieces of good news today. 1) I was encouraged by someone on the other side of the world who has given me a reframe of my present situation, hope and guidance -- Thanks Lauren. 2) I was encouraged by a Brother in Christ this morning, when I felt really down and low. A gentle reminder that we are not alone in our battles. 3) I received news that my article was accepted for publication ~ long journey but worth it. And it has given me the confidence to at least deal with the manuscript at hand. 
It's nice to receive kindness and encouragement from others. And so, let me continue to extend a hand and listening ear to those in the depths of despair.

Lately, I have been really concerned about the wellbeing of a brother in Christ. He is struggling with a multitude of worries and from an outsiders perspective, it's as if he is in a storm. He is being tossed about by circumstances, relationships, and internal struggles. I don't know how I would be able to stay positive in such a situation. How I can keep praising you when it seems things are becoming so difficult. 

There is nothing we outsiders can do to help or assist, other than pray and encourage. But know for sure, that help comes from the Lord. And if he can create the heavens and earth, how easy it is for him to be by your side. 
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains— 
   where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the LORD,    the Maker of heaven and earth.Psalm 121
And the storm will pass. When it does, you can see the beauty of his majesty. This is a picture of another one of my favourite bush walks. The whole area is formed by volcanic debris. I can't imagine a volcanic eruption to be a calm event, so sometimes when the turbulence has settled, it creates beauty. 

From youtube- Casting Crowns, Praise you in the storm



Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away. 


Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm 


I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth 


Chorus 

You Might Also Like