Soy chai latte with a dash of honey

19:00:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

It's nice to be remembered. Years ago, I didn't know who I was, I didn't have any particular interests, I didn't particularly like anything. My friends would have their favourite bands, favourite genre of music/books, favourite foods, favourite people. I didn't. I was generally lukewarm about everything. 
And that isn't a big problem, unless you go out with friends and you have to make choices. Questions like "What would you like to eat?" or "What drink would you like?" or "What movie do you want to watch?" became dramas. Saying, "anything will do" or "I'll have what you are having" sometimes worked, but not always. 
I ended up eating foods that would make me sick or watching movies or doing activities that I clearly didn't enjoy. 
So over the years, I have become braver. I have tried new things to discover what I like. 
Some of my favourite things include: Soy chai latte served with a bit of honey, tennis, running/jogging, studying, spreading the gospel, reading, singing, talking to people, getting creative with arts/food, Japanese food, desserts, the colour green, trees with no leaves, exploring new places, bargain hunting,etc. AND I no longer am lukewarm about these things. If I do something, it has to be done right. If I like something, it becomes a bit of an obsession, almost. 
And when my friends think of me by association with these things, it brings a smile to my heart. 

So what does the bible say about being lukewarm?

15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 
revelation 3:15- 16

We can't be. Just like I am driven by my many passions, interests and likes, we should be driven as Christians to grow each and everyday. There is no room for complacency. We want to read more about Him, worship him more, serve others more and do more and more and more each day. 

So let me encourage you to pick Jesus as your obsession, interest, favourite!

Remember, even if you have faith as small as mustard seeds, you can move mountains. 

You Might Also Like