after the storm

19:43:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

There have been a few windy days and stormy days of late. I wouldn't say it's limited to the external world. In fact, I have gone through quite a lot of inner turmoil. We can't see the wind, but we can see the effects of the wind. In the same way, I might appear fine on the outside- able to smile, make jokes, but on the inside, the effects of the turmoil cannot be dismissed. Or I might be so worried about other people, and feel like i can't help them that it hurts.



And during these times of turmoil, we might only see the rain, the clouds, the darkness that looms. And when it's raining outside, it's as if the earth is resounding with our pain. Every droplet is a tear. Sometimes,  the future seems quite hopeless, we feel powerless and there is nothing we can do but run for cover. We might be facing mountain loads of work that we can't seem to handle, we might have received negative feedback for our work, we might have been rejected by those nearest and dearest to us.



But God is never far away. I always look forward to a beautiful rainbow that reminds us that he has remembered us. Today, when I was playing soccer, I saw the most beautiful rainbow stretched out across a cloudy sky. The colors spanned the whole spectrum and looking upon the rainbow gave me a sense of peace and hope.

God has not forgotten us in the storm, he has not forgotten us in the rain either externally or internally. He has prepared for us HOPE. A FUTURE.

So don't loose hope in the storm. Stay strong. He has prepared for us an ark to keep us safe even if we are being tossed by the wind. He has prepared for us a new life, an eternal life. But he has also provided us with many blessings in our present life.

It might just take us a little more time to discover the blessings that surround our life.

The next time there is rain, make sure you have a look out for a rainbow!


Genesis 9

 12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
 17 So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.”





So until next time, even if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can move mountains :)

You Might Also Like