Do not LOVE...

09:42:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

I was reminded recently, not to love the world or anything in the world.

BUT~~~~~! It's so easy to fall into traps. I know I have many entries on this, but I am STILL struggling.
http://www.trinitystudycenter.com/1john/1john_2-15-17.php

To love the world is to seek our identity and value from the world. Lust after worldly things is dangerous. Lust after worldly acclamation is dangerous. Lust after relationships with people that stop us from growing my Christ-like each day is also dangerous.

And so I have failed in all three aspects this week. A small overdrawn fee charged to my bank account is a timely reminder that I have to curb my spending patterns. It's not that I spend a lot of money, but because I spend money all the time that is causing problems. Admittedly 90% of my spending is for others, but still, I just need to stop spending. Especially since my work contract is drawing to an end and I have two trips at the end of this year that is already budgeted at over $2000 per trip :(. If worldly things can't satisfy longings in my heart, why do I think that constant gift giving to friends, family, and strangers is going to fill their void? Am I just helping them accumulate junk? Let me not love the material things of this world.

This week, I have spent a bit of time gloating over time minor achievements of my own. And enjoying the acclamation by my colleagues and friends. BUT doesn't all Glory belong to God? What do I have that he did not give me? I have failed miserably by claiming things that are not of my own.  And have once again fallen into the trap of being proud. We need to redirect our attention to God and use these opportunities to witness for Christ!! Let me not love the praises of man.

And lastly, I have fallen into an old trap mistreating people, trying to love people by my methods and not God's methods. Although ultimately I want to help others because God calls us to love our neighbors, but sometimes, helping others can fall into selfish ambitions. We might enjoy the thanks from people or be proud of our ability to help others. I am completely broken inside because of this. I am full of guilt and remorse at the way I have treated people this week because I was given the opportunity to help them. And other times this week, I have felt jealous and possessive in some friendships. Let me not love these relationships, but focus on loving because You are love.

The reason we commit to some decisions/actions are important. Lord help me distance myself more from material goods, from the praises of man, and from earthly relationships if these things are keeping me from loving you with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. Help my heart sing out to you and let me lifesong bring praise to you each day!

1 John 2

15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[d] is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.





Remember, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can move mountains!


You Might Also Like