technology that draws us closer

21:43:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

It was an incredibly cold today with chilly winds slicing across my face. And for those that know me well... they know that I go into hibernation when it's chilly. And I did just that. The world is truly changing when I can still wear a long sleeved hoodie this time of year. 



But my heart feels so very warm right now. I just got off the phone with one of my best friends. Technology has truly made the world seem so much closer. Even though we are so far away, it feels like they are just down the road. It's so great to be able to share your thoughts and feelings and to have someone listen unconditionally. It's great to get support for the little things in life that seem insignificant to others. It's nice to have secrets between friends and share a few laughs. Worth every minute. And I think the distance is hard, it's hard to not get to put my hand on your shoulder when times are tough or to share our favourite foods together. But it makes me treasure each of your visits more and each of our phone calls and texts :) Can't wait to see you soon!


I also spent much of today updating my prayer journal which gets bulkier and bulkier by the week. Just like your best friend, God wants to hear about your thoughts, feelings, he wants to know about things that are troubling you, he wants to know things that have made you laugh and cry. He wants to listen to you and care for you. 

And the bonus? Well, there are no long distance connection fees :). 

Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. Isaiah 65:24

So until next time, even if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can move mountains :)

You Might Also Like