weak without You

08:29:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

This week is proving to be an extremely busy week, compounded by a lack of sleep and huge workloads. I am absolutely determined to finish marking all 50 papers, writing my lecture, finishing the HN paper manuscript, finishing my final coursework assignment, submitting my exchange application, and finishing the first draft of my conference presentation. And yet, there is so little time. Can't I do all this? I don't think so.      I woke up at 4.30am this morning, totally energized and ready for work, yet, a few hours later, I only have a fully belly, well worn legs (and arms, started to walk with 4kg worth of weights to increase the effectiveness) and two marked assignments to show for it. Where does my time disappear to? I wonder why I am so unproductive. And already I am starting to feel fatigued.  I am definitely running on empty lately. I know that I am less gracious, patient and gentle when I am tired. I know that I become weak and susceptible to temptation when I am tired, so I need to get out of this fatigue cycle. Over the last few days, I have fallen asleep on the train, on the bus, while starring into the computer screen and other odd places. I would describe my sleepiness levels at "knocked out" for a lot of the time. 
 From a facebook post. 
Apart from God we can do no good things. Let us remember that this week and push ahead despite hurdles and fatigue, despite weaknesses and disappointments! God promised that he will give us strength, he will prevent us from growing weary, as long as our Hope is in HIM. 

Isaiah 40

29 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.


Meanwhile, I have a few more projects I want to get started on, so until next time, even if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can move mountains :)

You Might Also Like