Your name

17:14:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

What an inspiring time of year. I am glad that I'm not a uni student looking forward to exams. It's that time of year, in Australia jacaranda season marks the end of classes and the start of exams. There is a well known belief around our campus that if a jacaranda flower falls on you, you will fail. This curse is passed on from year to year. 

But today? Today I just stood there in the sunlight, letting the gentle petals fall upon me. It was a magical experience. After 8 years of university, I no longer face exams or assignments. It is done. 

My busy season is also almost over. Thanks be to God who sustained me through a really really rough month. I had to deliver 2 lectures, 8 tutorials, mark over 40 papers, write two manuscript draft/perform analyses, submit a fellowship application, draft a poster presentation, just to name some of the main things I had to complete. This was on top of answering student emails and fielding the complaints of my "team". And there were also a range of church related duties, interpersonal problems, presents to prepare... the list was exhausting. 

At the end of the month, I was feeling run down. Starting to feel sick, but God gave me a sense of peace, that everything was going to be ok. As I stood beneath the falling purple softness, I felt completely complacent. 

BUT unlike uni students who have a 3 month break to look forward to, I have 3 days before starting the next month with next months' deadlines to look forward to. The only positive is that the teaching semester is over and I can fully concentrate on my research. 

I was reading a devotion today about battles and feeling overwhelmed by enemies in 2 Chronicles. WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO, BUT OUR EYES ARE ON YOU. Fixing our eyes on Jesus when things are overwhelming is soooo important. 
My TO DO list still grows everyday but it doesn't worry me. I just need to take one step at a time. 

And as for interpersonal problems? They are going to be around whether or not we worry about them, so why not just enjoy our surroundings and let whatever happens take it's course. 

2 Chronicles 20: 10 “But now here are men from Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir, whose territory you would not allow Israel to invade when they came from Egypt; so they turned away from them and did not destroy them. 11 See how they are repaying us by coming to drive us out of the possession you gave us as an inheritance. 12 Our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.”






THIS SONG HAS BEEN IN MY HEAD FOR A WHILE... singing it softly on my runs, belting it out in front of the piano... 

Paul Baloche

As morning dawns and evening fades
You inspire songs of praise 
That rise from earth to touch Your heart and glorify Your Name Your Name is a strong and mighty tower
Your Name is a shelter like no other
Your Name, let the nations sing it louder
'Cause nothing has the power to save
But Your Name 


You Might Also Like