What is this salvation thing?

09:22:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

All I know is that it doesn't come from me. It's not planned. God calls people to him and we need to prepare ourselves to be useful tools for his purpose. 



Yesterday, I was caught off guard a little when people started to ask me questions of salvation. And I fumbled my way through explaining what is salvation, how to be saved. 
There are many many many ways to do this. Some people use two ways to live, others use the gospel bridge, etc.  So here is my outline in a nutshell. 
1. We were made to be at peace with God, he loves us
2. We are sinners and sin separates us from God
3. We can't earn our way back to God or to eternal life. (e.g. we can't do charity, be a good enough person to go to heaven)
4. God sent his son, Jesus to die for us on the cross. And our sins have been forgiven if we believe that he died for our sins. 
5. If we take Jesus as our lord and saviour then we can be connected to God once again. 

SO WHAT NEXT?
Sinner's prayer
"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.
I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.
I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."
Amen.

Submit your life to Jesus
1. Get rid of old bad habits
2. Let God help to change your life for his purpose


Song: 從天上垂聽 Hear us from heaven
Artist: 趙治德 / 約書亞樂團
Album: 為摯愛的土地專輯/大衛帳幕的榮耀5


Lyrics:
聽我呼求 
[Listen to my cry]
醫治這地
[Heal this land]
向枯乾心靈 
[To the withered soul]
吹生命氣息
[Blowing the breath of life]


聽我禱告 
[Listen to my prayer]
赦免我罪
[Forgive my sins]
當我呼求你名 
[When I cry your name]
讓這地成為你 喜愛榮耀居所
[Let this earth become your home of joy and love]

使瞎眼看見 
[Let the blind see]
耳聾得聽見
[Let the deaf hear]
我們屬於你 
[We belong to you]
在你座前
[Before your throne]

從天上垂聽 
[Hear from heaven]
觸摸這世代
[Touch this generation]
我們屬於你 
[We belong to you]
呼求你榮耀的降臨
[Crying to you, let your glory descend]


主求你垂聽 
[Lord Hear]
主求你垂聽
[Lord Hear]
從天上垂聽 
[Hear from heaven]

You Might Also Like