高皓正's testimony

15:41:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Finally got my hands on the music to 不要驚動愛情 - 高皓正. From my experience, this is the best piece of advice I can give to young people that are in love. Don't fall in love too quickly. Because you will fall out of love very quickly. Respect yourself and the other person. Good things are worth the wait.


Here is an interview with the singer himself. He talks about his upbringing. His mum passed away when he was 6 and although he had family, he felt really alone. 

He had a girlfriend for 7 years then she went overseas. He then talks about having casual physical relationships with females and still feeling an emptiness inside of him. As soon as someone gets close to him, he would get out of the relationship. 

He was seeking for someone to love him. Through some experiences, including with the police, he finally understood that God loves him. Through seeking forgiveness from God, from family, from the girls he hurt, he felt this amazing level of sweet love from God. 

He then decided that he couldn't have physical relationships any more before marriage. Because his relationship with God he didn't want to disappoint him anymore. 

He also talked about problems with his work. And hearing God's guidance- God was going to be his manager and look after his work for him. He was given many chance to meet people and to share his testimony. He asked God-to make sure this is your will, I am going to make some really extreme clauses and if they say yes, then it's going to be your will. Including not filming things with negative content (gambling, etc) and being able to go evangelising. 

He then shared several situations where God's grace was sufficient in his life. 






I can relate to his testimony in several ways. 

I also want to be a strong person. I don't want people to think of me as weak. So although I desire close relationships, I am afraid people won't love me anymore and would leave me, especially when they realise who I am. I am learning to rely more on God's love for me. 

I used to think I knew the kind of partner I would like. Someone short and chubby. Someone who gives me a feeling of warmth, the magical feeling. Someone who loves God, loves music and someone I can share with. I had a vision of the type of person I would like to be with. 

But he is right. It's not about the feeling. I am just after a person who loves God, loves me, and loves others (has a burden to spread the gospel and show God to believers and nonbelievers). Someone I feel safe with. Everything else seems secondary. And I hope there is someone out there looking for someone like me. Someone who isn't pretty or skinny or brilliant at everything I do. I am just a girl who loves God and loves others. And together, we would be able to serve God and serve people. 

I am also going through difficulties with my work. Wondering if God wants me to be here and what I am doing with my life. And I too am given so many opportunities to meet people and share with them my testimony and God's love. 

We are not tools. We are people who were loved by God and now we are going out to love others. 


You Might Also Like