Breaking dawn part 1

21:30:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Ok, so perhaps I wasn't expecting it to be so funny. Spoiler alert- if you haven't read the book.

Bella is perhaps to most desperate girl I have seen on screen, always wanting to get into the pants of the walking undead. So this part flies through her wedding and pregnancy.

My favourite parts: the wedding speeches are sooo funny! Her father goes on about how he's a cop and can hunt him (Edward) down to the ends of the earth, her friend talks about how she wasn't chosen by Edward and his brother talks about how she will never sleep again (because she will become a vampire... but the rest of the guests were probably thinking of something else). And Edward, the eternal romantic who has captured the hearts of girls around the world says "no measure of time will be long enough, but let's start with forever." 


Her dress was beautiful, the setting was beautiful, and the cake, spectacular. I'm not sure about the logistics of setting up a wedding in the middle of the forest and it would be really difficult to do unless you had the man (vampire) power and resources that the Cullens had. It was a beautiful wedding though. I like how they used the traditional wedding vows:

I, (Bride/Groom), take you (Groom/Bride), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish;  from this day forward for as long as we both shall live
The honeymoon was interesting. She wanted sex, he didn't want to hurt her, so they end up playing chess and bush "walking". And then she falls pregnant. 
The baby growing inside of her begins to drain her of all energy. And the wolves want to kill her and the baby to prevent harm to the humans. Jacob tries to protect her but instead imprints himself to the baby. 
I do like the idea of imprinting. To know in your DNA that you will do anything and everything for someone, be whoever they need you to be. Perhaps there is someone out there that I too can imprint on :)
So that's the movie in a nutshell. What did I think? Well I laughed an awful lot. I didn't watch the movie for it's cinematic brilliance, but the film has truly evolved since the first part- where the scenes weren't trimmed neatly and the actors weren't convincing. What did I think of the morals? Or the fact that children were in the cinemas with all the sex displayed? I'm not sure. The same with Harry Potter... I'm not so sure. Films like these can be treated as entertainment but really, they are spreading ideas. The idea that there can be vampires really out there and they aren't demons. 
So I fall back onto my favourite - everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial. Waste of time? Waste of money? A little entertainment for a lonely Tuesday is not too bad. And to understand a little of pop culture. 


You Might Also Like