Strange palpations again

14:14:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Started to get strange palpitations that kept me awake all night ~ perhaps the early evening coffee. Or something else was on my mind ~ perhaps partial regret of the things I have done in the past and uncertainty about my future. Then I woke up this morning to the devotion about Jesus being asleep on the boat while there was a storm about. Jesus wasn't worried, he knew God was in control. Oh, we of little faith. How can I be so worried about my future when God is in control? Even if the situations you are facing today seem hopeless, helpless, salvageable, when God steps in , NOT IF, but WHEN God steps in, Miracles happen. I can't wait for my own little miracle to happen and it's just about having faith in the things unseen. Hebrews 11:1. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 
When  I did this particular bible study I remember learning that it's 3 miracles in one. For the storm to completely be calm, he stopped the wind, the waves... but still there would be disturbances before the boat would settle. But it was completely calm. Amazing right? 

Matthew 8: 23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”
 26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
 27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

I wonder what my life will be like in 5-10 years time. I would be in my mid 30s ~ what would my profession be? Would I have a family? Where would I be living?

Help me be certain of a future that I am unsure of. I am not sure who my future partner is, where he is and what he is doing, but I am sure you are building him up spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically just as you are building me up through the experiences that you have let happen. I'm not sure when I will finish my PhD and where you will lead me and what you will have me do. But I am sure you have the best in store for me. 

Thank You Lord for your continued guidance; continued clear and specific guidance. Although I can not see too far into my future, but at least I know where my next footstep will land. 

You Might Also Like