my background

07:18:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments


Since I got my new desktop computer at the start of the year, I've had this as the desktop background. And I often find myself being drawn to different ideas presenting in this image. 

Life is about the people you meet, and the things you create with them, so go out and start creating. This is so true, when I meet new people I find myself inspired by their stories, their ways of thinking. I have more to write about and think about. If I had never volunteered at Schoolies before I would never have understood it or been able to write about it.  
When you eat, appreciate every last bite. In our busy lives we often want fast food, we take little time to savor the flavors or appreciate the hands that created the meal. 


If you don't like something, change it. Why should we feel stuck? Unfortunately, I take this to the extreme and find that I'm continuously revamping my life. 

If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. This I have put into practice. From watching many many Korean/Taiwanese/HK/english dramas to now only watching 20 minutes of TV Monday-Friday is a pretty good achievement. I find myself asking, is what I am doing beneficial? If not, why am I doing it? Am I actually getting the most out of my life by sitting here watching tv? 

If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love. A little bit like an exercise of faith. If I go out trying to find the love of my life through my own methods I am going to fail miserably. I cannot use my own wisdom because I don't know what is best for me. My heavenly father can see further than me, he understands me and my needs as well as my future partner's needs more than I do. I am at peace knowing that he will provide for my needs: physically, spiritually and emotionally. I am secure in knowing my future partner is out there somewhere. So I just need to keep doing the things I love- serving at church, volunteering, singing, writing, counselling, teaching, running, playing tennis, building myself up in Christ. And when the time comes, I will find my future partner waiting for me too :). 
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.Hebrews 11:1.

Stop over analyzing. As a "therapist" I am prone to over-analyzing situations, thoughts, behaviours, people, my own emotions, etc. This stops me from being as productive as I can be. I just need to engage in STOP IT therapy. haha. Just STOP over analyzing, take each day as it comes. Let the past be in the past. Easier said than done though. 


You Might Also Like