Escapism at it's best

08:43:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

It's it amazing how clean the house is, how many chores are done, how many christmas cards and presents are wrapped when I need to be writing my paper and doing data analysis? 

Also, I think I've used heartbreak, illness, grief, sports training, as an excuse to delay the progress of my PhD. No longer shall this win me over, I'm married to my PhD until I've submitted this darn thing and I need to stop getting distracted by every single thing that comes my way. I have to keep saying NO, keep saying LATER instead of maybe, yes, definitely. 




I don't want to waste time in lar lar land and regret it. If there is no long term gain in what I am doing, if I am not reaching my goals, not growing as an individual, not furthering God's kingdom, what is the point?? I am kidding myself. 

Let me not waste time longing for things that I don't have, things that I want, instead, let me treasure the things that I have and make the best use of it. 


‎"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." - Epictetus


You Might Also Like