Nice to be missed

06:40:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

After a short time away, it's nice to be missed, it's nice to catch up with mates old and new. I had the most disappointing training session this morning, I felt stiff, slow and irritated. But at the end of the training session, I bumped into someone that I often see but never talk to.

They asked whether I had been away, and told me that they had missed me- they had waited outside my house a few times but did not find me. What a way to start a Sunday ~ the feeling of being missed, loved, cared about. But at the same time, I felt bad, because never once in my holidays did I remember them or prayed for them.

Have you ever been in a one sided relationship? Where you loved, cared and longed for a person more than what that person cared to reciprocate? Have you ever single-sided loved someone so much that it pained to be away from them yet they don't even know you existed? Have you ever sent someone a text and got no reply?

Have you ever thought that God loves you and misses you more than you can imagine? He misses us more than we miss him? We may give him Sunday morning, and forget about him the rest of the week, but he longs for contact with us everyday, all the time.


Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate
I feel like moving to the rhythm of Your grace 
Your fragrance is intoxicating in our secret place
Your love is extravagant

Spread wide in the arms of Christ is the love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known You considered me a friend
Capture my heart again

Spread wide in the arms of Christ is the love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known; You considered me a friend

Capture my heart again
Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate 



see also

Romans 8:35-39

New International Version (NIV)
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
   “For your sake we face death all day long;
   we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”[a]
 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[b] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You Might Also Like