Relax God is in control

13:40:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Today, I was on the verge of tears. My life had once again become a mess. I had a brilliant two days: fellowship/sleepover with a sister in Christ, buffet dinner with my best buds, but in the midst of this happiness, my world was becoming a mess. Taking too much time off work has caused my progress to slow down, not only that, continuous error messages plagued my lcd screen. None of my analyses wanted to run, and at one stage, the error message was reading "0 observations", I had lost something very important to someone else and I was at work alone with no one to help me in my desperate state. Some unhappy things were happening to my friends and I felt helpless in the face of it all. I felt alone in my struggle.

So I can understand Job's situation a little. His life was being taken away from him- his wealth, his family, his friends, his health, even his wife was against him... everything he had thanked the lord for was gone. He cursed the day that he was born. Why me? Have I sinned? Have I done something wrong to anger God? Yet, he did not curse God. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

Your life may be filled with rocky hurdles right now, you may be suffering from losses, you may be heart broken, your children might not be listening to you, you may have lost your job, your friends may have betrayed you, you may feel like you are getting no where in your studies, but relax God is in control.

Job remained faithful in his time of distress. And the Lord blessed him with more than he initially had. We too need to remain faithful in times of trials.

So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses. (Job 42:12)

source- link


Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


I know my Lord is able to carry me through. He always has. He carried me through my migration to Australia, the loss of my father, changing schools, the change of study plans, rejection from schools, friends, lovers, he carried me through sickness, injury, he carried me through poverty. And even though I may be going through some problems now, I know he is with me, and will carry me through.

You Might Also Like