adding injury to injury

02:00:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

I've had this nagging pain for a few months now. You know there are certain things that you should not do when you are injured and yet like a fool, I continue to do the things I know will hurt me. Wisdom tells me to just wait it out. Let the pain subside, let myself recover and act only when I am better. But no. Again and again I defy logic. It has got to the stage where I cannot go on without painkillers, hydrotherapy or good old bed rest. But did that stop me from playing soccer yesterday or going for a long walk today? No. I say I will rest and give up, but then I take another step forward. I say I will slow down but I just keep on going. 
I am just as stubborn when it comes to other aspects of my life. I refuse to just let things go. I choose to struggle on. But does that mean I have determination and persistence? Or is it a sure sign of stupidity? I think there is a fine line between persistence under trials and stubbornly refusing to give up even when the odds are stacked against me. Luckily I am a follower of Christ and I know he can see further than I can see. 

If we lack wisdom why not ask for it? After all,

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."Matthew 7:7. 

You Might Also Like