全新的你 A whole new you

13:33:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

An aunty approached me after church yesterday to tell me that I have become so beautiful. Puzzled, I continued the conversation. I explained that more and more, joy radiates from within me and I can't help but smile all the time. She went on to contrast the me today to the me she first knew when she came to church n years ago.

So the story goes, the first time she came to the easter retreat, I was in her group and as I was sharing my testimony, I broke down in tears. I do remember the incident. I used to break down into tears really easily, especially when I was talking about how God got me through some really tough times in my life. The aunty went on to say that even though I sounded grateful for God's guidance, I projected a negative view towards others. I was stand-offish, unapproachable. My smiles seemed fake. My greetings sounded rehearsed.

She asked how I changed, how did I become the me today? I didn't change. God slowly allowed me to evolve and the process hasn't finished.

Over dinner, a friend confronted me by saying. The old you sounds very unattractive- selfish, controlling, stubborn, ... Unfortunately, I am still those things, but less so. Each day, I aim to be more like Christ. For some, the change is instant, for others like me, the change is gradual.

But although I have changed for the better, there are other aspects of my life that have gone astray. I miss the drive that I used to have, I miss the cut throat personality that used to make me very competitive in the workplace. I miss the reserve that would force me to keep quiet. I miss the me that would have stamina to engage in every activity. But would I give up the person I am to regain some of those qualities? Not in a million years!


2 Corinthians 5:17

New International Version (NIV)
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!




Chinese- English TRANSLATION by kikoprincess
A whole new you
全新的你

你说阴天代表你的心情 [You said that grey skies reflect your mood]
雨天更是你对生命的反映 [Rainy days are a reflection of your life]
你说每天一样平静 [You said that everyday is peaceful]
对于未来没有一点信心 [You never had any faith]

亲爱朋友你是否曾经 [My dear  friends have you ever]
曾经观看满天的星星 [Ever seen a sky full of stars]
期待有人能够了解你心 [and wished that someone would understand your heart]
能够爱你  赐你力量更新 [someone who could love you and had the power to make you new]

耶稣能够叫一切都更新 [Jesus can make everything new]
耶稣能够体会你的心情 [Jesus can understand your feelings]
耶稣能够改变你的曾经 [Jesus can change your past]
耶稣疼你  耶稣爱你 [Jesus cares for you, Jesus loves you]
耶稣能造一个全新的你 [Jesus can make a whole new you]

You Might Also Like