back to work monday

20:11:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

 After an extended sick leave, I'm going back to work. Ok, so I'm not in 100% condition, but if I had to wait for that to happen, I may never go to work. In these last few weeks, I have been recouping physically, spiritually and emotionally. It hasn't been the easiest journey, but I am grateful for the experience. It is through adversity and difficulties that we grow, and through these tough times that we lean on God.
Being a thinker, I have been having mind experiments, and have been watching the world around me move from the sidelines. Not truly participating. I've been waiting for a fairy tale- a simple solution to life. To find my purpose and magically, for everything to be sorted.
But my life has never worked out this way. Yes, one day I will finish this paper, this phd, one day I will recover, someday I may finish a half marathon, someday I may find a partner to serve with, ... while I am search for the happily ever after, i have forgotten that God calls me to play my part in the story. Jesus sent a blind man to wash mud from his eyes- it might not have been easy for the blind man to find the place; he believed, played his part, and now he can see. Jesus could have easily healed him without requiring him to wash his eyes in the pool... but God gives us a role to play.

So I can't keep praying for this paper to write itself or phd to mysteriously be completed or to be physically healed without allowing my body to rest. We have a role to play in God's plan.


Can we play our role?

John 9

Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind
 1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
   3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
 6 After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes. 7“Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.
 8 His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, “Isn’t this the same man who used to sit and beg?” 9 Some claimed that he was.
   Others said, “No, he only looks like him.”
   But he himself insisted, “I am the man.”
 10 “How then were your eyes opened?” they asked.
 11 He replied, “The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see.”
 12 “Where is this man?” they asked him.
   “I don’t know,” he said.


There's A Place For Us - Carrie Underwood



There’s a place out there for us,
More than just a prayer or anything you've ever dreamed of.
So if you feel like giving up cause you don’t fit in 
down here,
Fear is crashing in, close your eyes and take my hand.

We can be the kings and queens of anything if we 
believe.
It’s written in the stars that shine above,
A world where you and I belong, where faith and love 
will keep us strong,
Exactly who we are is just enough, there’s a place for us, there’s a 
place for us.

When the water meets the sky,
Where your heart is free and hope comes back to life,
When these broken hands are whole again,
We will find what we’ve been waiting for,
We were made for so much more

We can be the kings and queens of anything if we 
believe.
It’s written in the stars that shine above,
A world where you and I belong, where faith and love 
will keep us strong,
Exactly who we are is just enough,
there’s a place for us, there’s a place for us
So hold on, hold on,
There’s a place for us 
We can be the kings and queens of anything if we believe.
It’s written in the stars that shine above, a world where you and I 
belong, where faith and love keep us strong, yeah exactly who we 
are is just enough, there's a place for us.
A world where you and I belong, where faith and love 
will keep us strong,
Exactly who we are is just enough, exactly who we are 
is just enough,
There’s a place for us.

You Might Also Like