Picking and choosing

02:00:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

When you enter a fruit shop you may choose your fruit- you pick the ones that you like, and leave behind the ones that are slightly bruised, or that don't taste that great. I am quite lazy, I leave behind the fruit that takes effort to eat as well.

I used to think that it was the fruitS of the spirit, and we can be blessed with some and not others.

BUT the bible clearly says it's the FRUIT (not plural). So we should aim to develop ALL of the elements of the fruit.

Actually, I find that I am so flawed that I need to build ALL of these from scratch. In particular, I need to learn gentleness, self-control and joy.





Galatians 5:22-23

New International Version (NIV)
 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

You Might Also Like