Soul Surfer review

20:35:00 Kikoprincess 0 Comments

Source: amazon.com via Karen on Pinterest

Just what I needed. Over the past week I have been so frustrated that I was just about ready to throw in the towel. Who needs a PhD anyway. Many people get through life without one, why do I need one. Studying and learning new things isn't that important to me anyway...? I would be lying. Even in primary school, I knew that my passion was in learning new things. I wrote on my graduation handbook that I wanted to learn something new each day. This is when others were writing things like wanting to be fireman, or teachers lawyers or doctors.
I wanted to throw in the towel because it was starting to get too much, too hard. seemingly impossible.


Tonight, I watched Soul Surfer. It was about a young 13 year old girl who's dream was to surf pro. She was an aspiring athlete. But one day, a shark took her arm. Amazingly she survived. True story. Despite the challenges that faced her, she got back on her surf board and went on to become a pro surfer. This movie captured some of of her journey.
At times, this young girl question why God let this happen to her. But through the love of her friends, family, church, support from strangers and an unseen God, she saw the will God had for her life.
No, life wasn't going to be easy. But it's going to be worth it.
"Surfing isn't the most important thing in life. Love is. I've had the chance to embrace more people with one arm than I ever could with two. "



Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

You Might Also Like